A much needed break - A Journey of 16 days

                     Before I start writing, I really like to thank you all for the nice words you have bestowed on me. Especially thanks to Anagh Pal and Dileep Kuduva, who are one of the travel experts in my friends list.  I really hope their encouragement and support will stay with me so that I can learn from them and continue writing my experiences. 


                    My travel stories is not confined to the itineraries. It is the story of a nomad whose transformation  coincides with the travel and journey he has taken. The transformation has not made me bigger but in fact made me more humble to admit that, this life is not at all sufficient to absorb the knowledge this surrounding can give. More you travel, more you learn. Gradually you will come out of the well and understand that the experience with the nature and people itself is a biggest book of mankind. 

                  5 months back I started preparing for valley of flowers trek. First thing I did was a discussion with my manager about leave. I promised him I would work on weekends if required. He agreed reluctantly. Second thing I did was booking the slot in YHAI such that it comes during the national holiday. I had chosen YHAI after comparing the price and itineraries of other organizers.  Third thing I did was flight booking. I waited for 2 weeks for price to come down. Since it was August 15th weekend,  flights rate didn't come down. Finally I booked the flight tickets for 8700. (to and fro).  Since it was hectic schedule for me, I booked the train little late. Once trains were booked to/from Dehradun, I started planning the list of places to visit. I didn't book any hotel so that I could change the plan in last minute. It really worked fine for me since bungi jump and river rafting was closed. I even explored about mode of transport. So I was aware of the transport problems I could face in Uttarakhand.
                 
                Didn't I asked my friends for joining me ?. My 2 best buddies Guru and Vineeth who wanted to save their leaves for Chadar trek didn't join me this time. I contacted few of my friends but it didn't work out. Then I decided to go alone.
When the D day came I was little nervous.  For the first time I was going solo to Northern parts of India. Last solo trip outside Karnataka I had was, to Kovalam and Padmanabha temple. That was the official trip. Most memorable solo trip was, the visit to beaches of Karnataka like Maravante, Malpe, and Padubidre.

              When I sat in the flight I was still worried about lot of factors.  Firstly my parents who were worried about my repeated travel plans. I thought I can address this with phone calls. Secondly our NGO which I started together with my friends. This was the first time I was bunking the class. From the day I started teaching these kids I have been a different person. They have literally changed me. I love them as much as my family.  My only worry was getting volunteers. I have failed miserably in getting the right volunteers in more number. That was haunting me for long time. Thirdly the new non profit project I wanted to work. That was my dream project which would benefit Kannada book readers and new authors. Fourthly the Nomad group and their future trek plans. Lastly my official project which I designed the solution and gave it to team for implementing.  In such a situation I really wanted this much needed break.

              It was only 8 PM in the evening. I was not getting sleep. I opened my eyes and turned to left. The lady was busy applying lip stick. Then I  turned to right. The young man was listening to music.  I wanted to start a conversation. I asked him that is he from Delhi ? Then he removed his head set and started talking to me.  For nearly 2 and half hours we had discussion on various topics from Delhi to Bengaluru .  He gave me lot of tips on commuting in Delhi. When we reached Delhi at 10 :40 PM, we even exchanged our number and I asked him to call me whenever he wants to go for any trek in surrounding Bengaluru since he was working in Bengaluru .  So the journey started well and I forget all my problems behind.

            Santhu, my best friend who stays in Paris has asked one of his friends for accommodation in Delhi. His name is also Santhosh.  I took prepaid taxi to JNU hostel. Santhosh was not there. So I was waiting in front of the hostel. JNU is famous for all the controversies. But I found people are very helping. The beautiful lady who asked me to sit, the mallu boy who took me to room, Santhosh who has arranged an extra bed before my visit, made my stay more memorable.

             I thought the journey has started well and it is going to end on a good note as well. When I took the flight, I had many things in mind but when I landed in Delhi I decided to start it with zero. That is how the journey for 16 days trip to Delhi and Uttarakhand started.


In next blog : A journey via Delhi Metro


Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Write comments
Ankita Singh
AUTHOR
March 3, 2019 at 6:01 PM delete

Good information to read. This post is very effective and informative also helping us to understand your point. Thank you share this. superb post, we enjoyed each and everything as per written in your post. Thank you for this article because it’s really informative, I love reading your blog.
https://www.bharattaxi.com/

Reply
avatar