Hyderabad - First time

With Hyderabad, I was able to cover 8th state in India (Now I have covered 12 states and 2 union territories). It was one of my college friend's marriage, Boodhi. Shravan Boodhi is "Ajata shatru" of our college. It just gave me an opportunity to explore Hyderabad. Though I was busy, I wanted to attend one of my coolest friend's marriage. That got an opportunity to meet many of my college friends also.

I joined Sharan Gowda (popularly known as Gowda), Nitin and his wife Sapna. We decided to visit Char Minar first. We had a day time to visit some of the places before leaving to Boodhi's reception.

Charminar

Hyderabad was founded by Qutub Shah in 1591 and Charminar is one of the contribution by him. You find more monuments and architecture built by Shahi dynasty and Nizams. Qutub shahi tomb, Mecca Masjid and Golkonda fort are some of the attractions, but we got time to explore only Charminar.

Lovely couple


As the name indicates it has got it's name from the 4 towers supported by 4 arches.  It is in between the city and it is the charm of the city.  From outside it looked ordinary may be because of the crowd, but the architecture and interior design are very beautiful.




Look at the interior works. It will make you to stand there and notice those beautiful work. We also tried to look outside from the verandah. From one side you can see the shops and from another side you can see makkah masjid. A beautiful mosque which is listed as one of the archaeological monuments along with charminar.

Makha Masjid


The city which is also called as pearl city, is center of pearl business in India. That's the reason you might find shops related to ornaments more. Don't miss to buy pearl for your better half. Then comes the Biryani. Though I am a vegetarian I went with my friends to a biryani house. Even veg biryani was nice. Karachi biscuit is one of the famous food item I tasted. Apart from Karachi biscuit, there are many kinds of  dry fruit biscuit. For non vegetarians Hyderabad is paradise. 


Salar Jung Museum

After having food we went to Salar Jung museum. It is one of the largest museum in the world and largent one man collection in the world. A copy of constitution kept in the museum might be kept later since this museum is collection of Nawab Mir Yousuf Ali Khan Salar Jung III died before constitution is drafted. He was Nawab during Nizam's regime.




Then there is a shop where you can buy books, wooden artifacts. You will find copies of Quran also in different languages.



Then there are different kinds of clocks but one clock which has kept in the centre for a clock show might attract you more. Every hour a time keeper emerges from the left side and he will strike the gong as many times as the hour of the day. People sit in front of the clock to witness this clock which is bought from Cook and Kelvey of England.



Apart from that you find many collections belonging to Mughals and other Muslim rulers like Tippu Sultan.




Even there is collections from some foreign rulers. The collection I liked was Ravi Varma's paintings and Rebecca statue Rebecca statue is one of the best I have seen.  You can find textile arts, ivory carvings, bronze statues and many more collections.







We had little time and for explorers like me, 3 hour is not enough to explore the museum. I could cover only ground floor and half of first floor. I want to visit Hyderabad again to explore more. May be that time I will cover Golkhonda fort and Ramoji film city along with Salar Jung Museum. I might explore the food options also. As suggested by my friend going to explore pista house and Subhan biscuits. Definitely I will come up with more interesting stories of Hyderabad since I have many friends in Hyderabad.

 I always feel, as a traveller, it is our duty to share our knowledge and with the knowledge we have do good for the society. Not everyone who visits places can become travellers. They need to tell their stories and inspire the generation. 

Let's travel to learn, live and love.
Previous
Next Post »