Mullayyanagiri - Kemmannugundi

The downpour and western ghats have an extraordinary holding. Trekking in a downpour is an alternate affair. On the off chance that you are trekking to the most elevated mountain in Karnataka, it will be a substantially more excellent experience. Mullayyanagiri is a standout amongst the most delightful places in Karnataka. At a height of 1930 meters, it is likewise one of the most noteworthy crests in western ghats. With such a lovely spot around, it took over 5 years to reach here.




The trek needs forest department permission, which deferred our trek. The morning when we reached the district forest department office, the authorized person was on different work. So we began our trek in the afternoon. We didn't know the precise route. We just knew the trek starting point. When we began we took different routes and lost and again looked through the route which can lead us to peak. The small route made by the downpour, lead us to the wrong route. The real route had turned out to be narrow as a result of the grass. By one way or another when we took the correct route and began trekking, fog secured the entire area. It was hard to see the entire hill. All things considered, we figured out how to reach the peak.






The name Mullayyanagiri is named after the temple Mulappa Swamy in the peak. The Mullayyanagiri top has another vehicle route too. Prior to this, vehicle route was not there and individuals used to trek to reach here. When we came here, we ate food brought from home. Megha and Mohan have brought delicious curry and I had brought wheat roti. In the wake of trekking having delicious food will be a pleasure always. It was raining vigorously and we were totally wet. Since it was at that point late we chose not to trek to Baba Budan Giri. Rather we chose to return to Chikkamagalur for night stay.


After the trek, we strolled 1 km towards the steps and trusted that our rented vehicle will come. Strolling in the downpour dependably influences me to recollect my youth. I am born and brought up in western ghats despite the fact that my ancestors are from coastal Karnataka. We used to get holidays during the heavy rainfall. I used to prepare a paper boat and carefully float paper boats in rainwater. Then I used to run behind the boat to check how much distance it will cover. Even today I want to play the same game with kids I teach. Rain always has the potential to take the child in you.


We had no arrangement to remain in Chikkamagalur. The very late change made us look for rooms. We were ten individuals. we leased one building where we thought of cooking. On account of Devi and others, we had scrumptious rice and sambar. Everybody was worn out and we had an exceptionally decent rest. We got up in the first part of the day. I met my companion from Gujarat who likewise gone along with us to Kemmannugundi alongside a local guide.


Our first visit was Kalhattagiri falls. The little and lovely cascade draws in many visitors in view of the temple adjacent. There was no leech and we invested some energy close to the cascade. At that point, we moved to the woods area towards Hebbe falls. Hebbe falls needs forest authorization. We need to get a ticket in the forest checkpoint. A forest jeep took us inside the dense forest after we took the tickets. The jeep ceased one km far from the cascade. We have to walk one km to achieve cascade.

The forest was loaded with leeches. Indeed, even subsequent to playing it safe, we had numerous nibbles. I went through just 15 minutes close to the cascade. I had more than 30 - 40 nibbles. Be that as it may, I should state the cascade is grand and the trek to the cascade is such a superb ordeal. When I went back to the jeep, I began expelling every one of the bloodsuckers from my body. I never murdered any leeches amid the trek. The leeches are utilized in numerous medications and they have their very own role in the woods.


As a result of parasite nibbles, the greater part of us was drained. When we reached Kemmannugundi, we couldn't invest more energy in light of the tiredness. Kemmannugundi was secured with fog and when we got down we could see just the mist encompassing us. It was absolutely a white layered mist covering the delightful encompassing of the western ghats. When we moved towards Chikkamangalore, the majority of us were dozing. Amid this trek, one of my companions lost some cash. Later we came to know the local guide has stolen cash from my companion's wallet which was kept in a solitary pack. This sort of experience is a learning experience for us. We chose not to permit any outsiders amid the trek or outing.


With both great and awful encounters, Chikkamagalur will stay as a standout amongst the best places I have visited in western ghats. The forested areas, the cascade, the downpour has dependably been my buddy. I wish to invest more energy with them.

I remember these words from Paulo Coelho

"That is what the forest taught me. That you will never be mine, and that is why I will never lose you. You were my hope during my days of loneliness, my anxiety during moments of doubt, my certainty during moments of faith."

Forest is a wild but beautiful friend one could have.  Thanks for the memories.
Previous
Next Post »