Sathodi Falls

My family always wanted to know my friends with whom I spent times. I always talk about my friends while discussing about my routines since I have studied outside Siddapur for most part of my education. Now I am in Bangalore, already changed 4 companies , I always invite my friends to Siddapur. My place is surrounded by such a beautiful places, I want them to know how beautiful our place is. Though my busy friends of mindtree never visited my home town, my NeST team has come during our 3 days trip to NorthCanara and Shimoga. After I joined client location, Anil became very close to me and I invited him to my home. One fine day he agreed to come to my home.

Siddapur to Sathodi :

We had breakfast in home and waited for our driver. Since it was summer we decided and chose Sathodi falls. There are many falls around Yellapur but we can still enjoy in this falls during summer.  Our camera was fully charged and we got a routine warning from dad not to get into water. After the driver came, he took us to Yellapur, via Sirsi.  

On the way to Yellapur
After Yellapur, we got a sign board on the left side (If you are coming via Sirsi). From the sign board falls is 25 km distance. No bus facility to falls. You can hire vehicles to falls if you have come through public transport. We thought that we are not going to get any thing so we had lunch in Yellapur and continued our journey.

The roads were narrow and was in poor shape. After some distance muddy road welcomed us. By the time we reached the falls entrance, it was 2 pm. 

You can see the vehicles parked outside

Pehchaan kaun ?
You find tiffin house inside the gate.

Tiffin house
From the entrance. falls is around 1 km. Look at this picture, this is what we find during summer. This falls in Kallaramarane Ghat is formed by unknown streams and further joins into Kali River. During mansoon, you can not go near the falls but it will be treat to watch with 15 m wide water. It is also known as mini-Nigara falls.



Right view
I was taking pictures and Anil started swimming in water. After that we were sitting and enjoying the electrifying atmosphere. Suddenly some one from water was asking for help. He entered the high current zone in between and was about to get drowned.  Every thing happened suddenly and my mind was completely blank. Anil started shouting and the boy's female friends also started shouting. finally when he was saved by his friends who were very near to him, everyone sighed a relief. His friends started shouting at him for getting into water in spite of no knowledge of swimming.


Its very risky, because its very slippery
People all over falls
I had no plan to become wet. But couldn't resist when I saw people enjoying the force of the water below the falls. After seeing me Anil also came. It was very slippery and I fell twice and hard rocks gave hard earned pain. I must say this was the most enjoyed falls till date.
Couldn't resist

Chilled Water 
Caption this !!! lol
After spending some useful time in water, we decided to leave.  It was such an awesome time spent there, I don't have any words to describe the beauty of nature.

This will be filled during monsoon.
 We find many falls around Siddapur,Sirsi,Yellapur.  I have already seen Jog, Unchalli, Sathodi. There is Magod falls in Yellapur. There are some lesser known falls like Shivaganga falls, Burude falls, Benne hole falls, Waate Halla falls,Duggumane falls, Banagere falls, Vibhuti falls.

We reached home by night and we left to Bangalore that night only.

For more information visit this link : 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirsi,_Karnataka
Previous
Next Post »