Thailand and Cambodia - A mental and physical challenge

If you want to have a life of your choice, you have to be ready for all the challenges. - KP

Life is not going to be easy at any point of time. I had my ups and down. Sometimes I have listened to my heart and sometimes went by the rules of society. It was not easy to travel to many places working in IT. It was even difficult to travel when you are an Indian whose society measures success in terms of money and assets. I can't travel like famous travel bloggers like Shivya and Neelima because of family commitments even if I like to travel. After marriage it has become more difficult to travel. You have to be dumb and deaf most of the time if you want to lead a life of your wish.

Then how solo trip to Thailand happened ?  How did I travel solo for 17 days ?  How was the experience being a vegetarian ?



For every question my answer is I had made my mind to travel solo. I had only booked flight to/from Bangkok and then flight to/from Phuket from/to Bangkok. Rest all I planned one day before. It was completely a backpacking trip where I went with my wish. I made mistake of renting a room outside city. I ate only dry chapati taken from India and mango for first 3 days. I slept in railway station, I crossed the border. Faced the problem while crossing the border back to Thailand. I had no option but to go back to Siem reap and take a flight to Bangkok. I came across the corruption level in one of the most corrupt nation in South East Asia - Cambodia. In front of me many people fell because of heat and humid condition. One lady was taken to hospital immediately.

It was testing condition for a traveller like me for whom it was his first international solo trip. I never lost my patience even when a tour guide made fun of my ethnicity and choice of food. I never lost my patience when I was asked for a bribe. I survived with fruits most of the time. For me most of the things were expensive whenever I converted Bahts into INR. It was a tough experience and I was ready for it. These are the kind of experiences which makes a person strong.

I went through an emotional phase before going to Thailand. First because I was going solo and was subject of all the gossips. Secondly it was Thailand. Then all the intolerant people who have never understood the motive of travel.


Finally when you die how many apartments you have bought become irrelevant. What really matters is how did you lead your life ? how much you shared your knowledge ? How your knowledge can help humanity and nature ?


Bangkok's extremely hot condition is more attributed to the concrete buildings it has covered. The excessive usage of plastic might irritate you but they have given importance to recycling of plastic. They have given importance to cleanliness and that is highlight of their cities. Cambodia is importing animals for their zoos because they have almost finished some wild species because of their lust for meats. Watching all these information in Discovery or NGC will not enlighten you unless you interact with people who have seen these changes. I have never seen talented lady boys dancing like I have seen in Siam Cabaret show. The green beaches of Phi Phi , Snorkeling everything was first time experience for me. The couple who helped me in snorkelling, the Indian restaurant people who greeted me with lots of love in Siem Reap, The stranger from Mumbai who made friendship with me in Bangkok, My room mates in Siem reap, The Irish friends whom I met while travelling to James bond island, The loudest wish from the team of Kulen mountain every thing was a different experience. Not to forget the Maya bay, the beautiful beach I have seen till date.



If I turned back the pages of my life, this hard earned travel which was a mental and physical challenge will give me goosebumps. Whenever someone doubts about my ability this gives me strength and courage to live a life of my choice which can lead to a life a of satisfaction and respect.



Travel not just to post photos in facebook, instagram but to change the way you think about life, the way you think about yourself and the way you think about the problem. Then travel will be more meaningful.
Previous
Next Post »